Dartmouth Museum News
- Dartmouth Museum is a Shorty Award finalist in the Museum category
- Shorty Awards are important for museums
- Yes, It's Official, We Now Like Pinterest
- Dartmouth's Ancient Fire Engines both on loan
- Yes you may take photos in Dartmouth Museum
- How 1904 became 1924 in one easy step
- Our Picture Archive is now Online
- The New EU Cookie Law is almost upon us
- Picture Archive sample images going online
- It's 300 Years Since Thomas Newcomen invented his Engine
- Special Offer at Dartmouth Museum
- The Henley Trail, our first Walking Tour of Dartmouth
- Memories are getting longer
- Dartmouth Museum loans ships to Southampton
- Twitter Feeds Repay Work
Dartmouth Museum is a Shorty Award finalist in the Museum category
By: Dartmouth Museum
Added: 02 March 2013
Every year the Shorty Awards trawl for the best users of social media, mostly Twitter. And every year that we've been active on Twitter we've been nominated. The top six in each category go forward to a panel discussiomn.
We just received this notification form the Shorty Awards producer:
Congratulations on the Dartmouth Museum being a finalist in the museum category! The finalists will be passed on to our Real-Time Academy, which includes celebrities and other leaders in technology, journalism, business and culture, who will choose one winner. The winner will be announced at the ceremony.
We'd love for you to attend our ceremony on Monday, April 8th. You can get your tickets to the Shorty Awards here. Let me know if you have any questions!
Obviously it's a long way to go, specially for a charity, so we won't be going to the ceremony, but we're really happy to be in the list. We might even win!
Our being in the final 6 is down to the votes from other Twitter users. We're really happy to be doing something right.