- James Allen 1864 1912
- TOWER of LONDON POPPIES
- Volunteers required!
- News of Totnes Fashion and Textiles Museum Summer exhibition 2015
- Tavistock Museum Looks Forward to a Challenging Year
- Tiverton Museum awarded HLF grant to mark First World War Centenary
- A snip in time for Ralegh Room at Fairlynch Museum
- The Fairlynch Museum 2015 Exhibitions Preview on Thursday 2 April
- Did smoking kill Sir Walter Ralegh
- Sir Walter returns to Budleigh Salterton
- Fairlynch Museum @ 1,000 Twitter followers
- The Battle of Neuve Chapelle: Ernest Smith, 12 March 1915
- Heritage Centre will re open
- Japanese Tea
- VE Display
Page 1 of 47
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
18 April 2015
20 April 2015
Combe Martin Museum
21 April 2015
Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, Exeter EX4 3RX