- Volunteer's Coffee Morning
- Accreditation Awarded !
- Love at the Brook Gallery
- The threat from the deep
- Hard At Work Behind The Scenes !
- Thank you Bassets
- Hugo: a cautionary tale
- Exmouth Choral Society Concert Sat 7 February 2015
- Rainy Day, a painting at Fairlynch Museum
- Regular Opening for Ashburton station
- Lunchtime Lecture Programme 2015
- “Very good quality” Museum’s help from Town Council
- First class lunch at Fairlynch Corporate Friend Premier Café
- A Happy New Year to everyone from Fairlynch Museum!
- An army doctor's memories of the Christmas Truce 1914
Page 1 of 44
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
29 January 2015
Refreshment Rooms, Buckfastleigh station
30 January 2015
PL6 5BX, Crownhill Fort
03 February 2015
Topsham Museum, Underloft