- World War One was no picnic for teddy bears
- Archaeology exhibition showcases prehistoric Dartmoor discovery
- Plymouth arts venues join forces for acclaimed national exhibition
- The Home Front in Devon during 1914 Dr Richard Batten
- It's the Spanish Art Mada!
- Museum building work about to start
- Fairlynch visited by millions! or even billions!!
- Kids get wheelie good view of Tour from Fairlynch lawn
- Kate Adie and Fairlynch Great War deckchair star in Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival
- Lunchtime Lecture The Terror of Topsham from the heat of war to the polar cold
- Rhyncosaur Day success at Fairlynch
- Delderfield Plaque unveiled
- Fishing for the Navy
- A need for horsepower
- Horsepower or Pedal Power
Page 1 of 40
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
20 July 2014 to 30 September 2014
20 May 2014 to 30 September 2014
Bogan House, High Street, Totnes
06 April 2014 to 30 September 2014