Fairlynch Museum News
- WW1 competition success for Budleigh pupils
- Ex museum professionals join Fairlynch team: 2 Martyn Brown
- Ex museum professionals join Fairlynch team: 1Jenny Pride
- Budleigh in Books Part 2
- Devon Remembers at Fairlynch
- Budleigh sponge expert on show at NHM
- Toronto Dreamer stops off in Budleigh
- History on foot
- Grand Book Sale Success
- Budleigh in Books Part 1
- The Great War at Fairlynch From Belgium to Budleigh
- The Great War at Fairlynch Flying the Flag for the Empire
- Full marks for Fairlynch Museum
- Beyond Waterloo
- Friends support pedalling for the pituitary
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Fairlynch Museum and Arts Centre is one of the very few thatched museums in the UK. The building, a typical example of a 'marine cottage orné' and Grade II listed, dates from 181......
Fairlynch Museum events
28 August 2014
28 August 2014
06 April 2014 to 30 September 2014