Dartmouth Museum News
- Dartmouth Museum is a Shorty Award finalist in the Museum category
- Shorty Awards are important for museums
- Yes, It's Official, We Now Like Pinterest
- Dartmouth's Ancient Fire Engines both on loan
- Yes you may take photos in Dartmouth Museum
- How 1904 became 1924 in one easy step
- Our Picture Archive is now Online
- The New EU Cookie Law is almost upon us
- Picture Archive sample images going online
- It's 300 Years Since Thomas Newcomen invented his Engine
- Special Offer at Dartmouth Museum
- The Henley Trail, our first Walking Tour of Dartmouth
- Memories are getting longer
- Dartmouth Museum loans ships to Southampton
- Twitter Feeds Repay Work
The New EU Cookie Law is almost upon us
By: Dartmouth Museum
Added: 30 April 2012
This is much more a public service announcement for Devon's Museums than a news item, though we are going to point you towards our site's page about Cookies and things. On 26 May 2012 the new EU Cookie Law becomes enforceable, with real penalties for non compliance
Put simply, the law prohibits cookies being deployed on any web site without the visitor's knowledge and, most important, acceptance of the cookies. And yes, those cookies include analysis cookies as well as session cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. Er, no, not those. That was over excitement.
When you visit our web site first a little widget opens to tell you about cookies and to ask you for permission. Give permission and it goes green. And yes, it sets cookies if you accept. That's allowed.
So, on May 26th, we're ready. The thing is, are you?