- Lunchtime Lecture The Terror of Topsham from the heat of war to the polar cold
- Heritage Day 2014
- And the Dog!
- An Old Mug Survives
- Newton Abbot Museum New Sandford Orleigh overmantle Gallery
- Town Fayre Coffee Morning
- Museum open Saturday afternoons throughout August
- Devon Remembers at Fairlynch
- Ex museum professionals join Fairlynch team: 1Jenny Pride
- Ex museum professionals join Fairlynch team: 2 Martyn Brown
- Budleigh in Books Part 2
- WW1 competition success for Budleigh pupils
- Budleigh in Books Part 1
- History on foot
- Budleigh sponge expert on show at NHM
Page 1 of 39
Are social media people a load of twits - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 24 April 2012
Dartmouth Museum: top tweeters
"We're very worthy," says Tim Trent, volunteer at Dartmouth Museum and Devon tweeter extraordinaire. "We're a quite ordinary museum - only three rooms plus a lobby. We've been tweeting only since July last year, but for such a tiny museum we punch well above our weight in social media."
Well, when they can boast of sending out 3,569 tweets - it works out at a daily average of 15-20 tweets - it's perhaps why Dartmouth Museum has 706 followers on Twitter, and growing by the minute. The Royal Albert Memorial Museum's current 3,015 tweet total looks measly by comparison.
"The extraordinary thing now is that we're attracting attention from a lot of heavyweights in the social media scene. It's mad really. But it's getting our museum talked about." And Dartmouth Museum was even nominated for a couple of social media awards. They didn't win, but they never expected to, either. “It's all about brand awareness,” Tim said. “We're pleased to have had folk just hear about us. Next year they may make us part of their holiday plans.”
To read more click here http://budleighbrewsterunited.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/social-media-people-load-of-twits.html
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.