- The Great War at Fairlynch: The Race for the Sea 17 Sept 22 November 1914
- Fairlynch Museum Friend's Trust to support young musicians
- Mapping old Budleigh Salterton
- Thirty years of lacemaking congratulations to Sue Morgan!
- Lower Otter Valley Local Heritage Assets Lisitng Project
- Placeify is launched!
- The Great War at Fairlynch: The disaster of Coronel 1 November 1914
- Plymouth arts venues join forces for acclaimed national exhibition
- Archaeology exhibition showcases prehistoric Dartmoor discovery
- World War One was no picnic for teddy bears
- The Home Front in Devon during 1914 Dr Richard Batten
- Museum building work about to start
- It's the Spanish Art Mada!
- Fairlynch visited by millions! or even billions!!
- Lunchtime Lecture The Terror of Topsham from the heat of war to the polar cold
Page 1 of 41
Are social media people a load of twits - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 24 April 2012
Dartmouth Museum: top tweeters
"We're very worthy," says Tim Trent, volunteer at Dartmouth Museum and Devon tweeter extraordinaire. "We're a quite ordinary museum - only three rooms plus a lobby. We've been tweeting only since July last year, but for such a tiny museum we punch well above our weight in social media."
Well, when they can boast of sending out 3,569 tweets - it works out at a daily average of 15-20 tweets - it's perhaps why Dartmouth Museum has 706 followers on Twitter, and growing by the minute. The Royal Albert Memorial Museum's current 3,015 tweet total looks measly by comparison.
"The extraordinary thing now is that we're attracting attention from a lot of heavyweights in the social media scene. It's mad really. But it's getting our museum talked about." And Dartmouth Museum was even nominated for a couple of social media awards. They didn't win, but they never expected to, either. “It's all about brand awareness,” Tim said. “We're pleased to have had folk just hear about us. Next year they may make us part of their holiday plans.”
To read more click here http://budleighbrewsterunited.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/social-media-people-load-of-twits.html
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
09 October 2014 to 20 October 2014
Meeting Room B
21 October 2014
Combe Martin Museum
23 October 2014
In Fine Feather gallery