- Heritage Centre will re open
- Museum Opening
- Free guided strolls
- 2015 Season
- Big Thanks To Network Rail !
- Easter holidays and 2015 opening Museum of British Surfing
- A red herring or two for your curriculum
- Budleigh Journal features the 2015 version of 'Boyhood of Raleigh'
- A poem about a primrose
- More on Education and Fairlynch Museum
- The hard work continues
- Blue primrose spotted in Budleigh Salterton
- Newton Abbot Museum is now open!
- Yet more manhole cover madness… with sad echoes of the Great War
- Guarding Budleigh's coast during World War One
Page 1 of 46
Are social media people a load of twits - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 24 April 2012
Dartmouth Museum: top tweeters
"We're very worthy," says Tim Trent, volunteer at Dartmouth Museum and Devon tweeter extraordinaire. "We're a quite ordinary museum - only three rooms plus a lobby. We've been tweeting only since July last year, but for such a tiny museum we punch well above our weight in social media."
Well, when they can boast of sending out 3,569 tweets - it works out at a daily average of 15-20 tweets - it's perhaps why Dartmouth Museum has 706 followers on Twitter, and growing by the minute. The Royal Albert Memorial Museum's current 3,015 tweet total looks measly by comparison.
"The extraordinary thing now is that we're attracting attention from a lot of heavyweights in the social media scene. It's mad really. But it's getting our museum talked about." And Dartmouth Museum was even nominated for a couple of social media awards. They didn't win, but they never expected to, either. “It's all about brand awareness,” Tim said. “We're pleased to have had folk just hear about us. Next year they may make us part of their holiday plans.”
To read more click here http://budleighbrewsterunited.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/social-media-people-load-of-twits.html
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
29 March 2015
Bogan House, High Street, Totnes
30 March 2015
30 March 2015
Combe Martin Museum