- Town Fayre Coffee Morning
- Lunchtime Lecture Gavrillo Princip, the assassin who started the First World War
- Newton Abbot's WWI exhibitions linked by a Heritage Bus
- Volunteers required!
- Famous 20th century artists inspire Museum and Art Gallery’s summer workshops
- Dawlish Museum in the news again
- Wild About Plymouth starts the summer with a ‘Big Bug Hunt’
- Archaeology comes alive for special event at City Museum
- WWI Commemorative concert
- TripAdvisor 2014 Certificate of Excellence
- Famous characters inspire films, gallery tours and talks at City Museum and Art Gallery
- Volunteers wanted at Crownhill Fort
- HLF funding means prehistoric finds can go on public display for the first time
- Holsworthy Museum WW1 Project
- Tea party for winners of the museum WWI competions
Page 1 of 38
Are social media people a load of twits - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 24 April 2012
Dartmouth Museum: top tweeters
"We're very worthy," says Tim Trent, volunteer at Dartmouth Museum and Devon tweeter extraordinaire. "We're a quite ordinary museum - only three rooms plus a lobby. We've been tweeting only since July last year, but for such a tiny museum we punch well above our weight in social media."
Well, when they can boast of sending out 3,569 tweets - it works out at a daily average of 15-20 tweets - it's perhaps why Dartmouth Museum has 706 followers on Twitter, and growing by the minute. The Royal Albert Memorial Museum's current 3,015 tweet total looks measly by comparison.
"The extraordinary thing now is that we're attracting attention from a lot of heavyweights in the social media scene. It's mad really. But it's getting our museum talked about." And Dartmouth Museum was even nominated for a couple of social media awards. They didn't win, but they never expected to, either. “It's all about brand awareness,” Tim said. “We're pleased to have had folk just hear about us. Next year they may make us part of their holiday plans.”
To read more click here http://budleighbrewsterunited.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/social-media-people-load-of-twits.html
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
30 July 2014
30 July 2014 to 31 July 2014
01 August 2014
Whimple Heritage Centre