- World War One was no picnic for teddy bears
- Archaeology exhibition showcases prehistoric Dartmoor discovery
- Plymouth arts venues join forces for acclaimed national exhibition
- The Home Front in Devon during 1914 Dr Richard Batten
- It's the Spanish Art Mada!
- Museum building work about to start
- Fairlynch visited by millions! or even billions!!
- Kids get wheelie good view of Tour from Fairlynch lawn
- Kate Adie and Fairlynch Great War deckchair star in Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival
- Lunchtime Lecture The Terror of Topsham from the heat of war to the polar cold
- Rhyncosaur Day success at Fairlynch
- Delderfield Plaque unveiled
- Fishing for the Navy
- A need for horsepower
- Horsepower or Pedal Power
Page 1 of 40
Are social media people a load of twits - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 24 April 2012
Dartmouth Museum: top tweeters
"We're very worthy," says Tim Trent, volunteer at Dartmouth Museum and Devon tweeter extraordinaire. "We're a quite ordinary museum - only three rooms plus a lobby. We've been tweeting only since July last year, but for such a tiny museum we punch well above our weight in social media."
Well, when they can boast of sending out 3,569 tweets - it works out at a daily average of 15-20 tweets - it's perhaps why Dartmouth Museum has 706 followers on Twitter, and growing by the minute. The Royal Albert Memorial Museum's current 3,015 tweet total looks measly by comparison.
"The extraordinary thing now is that we're attracting attention from a lot of heavyweights in the social media scene. It's mad really. But it's getting our museum talked about." And Dartmouth Museum was even nominated for a couple of social media awards. They didn't win, but they never expected to, either. “It's all about brand awareness,” Tim said. “We're pleased to have had folk just hear about us. Next year they may make us part of their holiday plans.”
To read more click here http://budleighbrewsterunited.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/social-media-people-load-of-twits.html
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
20 May 2014 to 30 September 2014
Bogan House, High Street, Totnes
06 April 2014 to 30 September 2014
01 October 2014