- Lunchtime Lecture The Terror of Topsham from the heat of war to the polar cold
- TOTNES MUSEUM SOCIETY TALKS 2014 2015
- The Last few weeks of our 2014 exhibition
- Has the wreck of HMS Terror been found
- And the Dog!
- An Old Mug Survives
- Newton Abbot Museum New Sandford Orleigh overmantle Gallery
- Town Fayre Coffee Morning
- Museum open Saturday afternoons throughout August
- Budleigh in Books Part 2
- Ex museum professionals join Fairlynch team: 1Jenny Pride
- Ex museum professionals join Fairlynch team: 2 Martyn Brown
- WW1 competition success for Budleigh pupils
- Devon Remembers at Fairlynch
- Budleigh in Books Part 1
Page 1 of 39
Are social media people a load of twits - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 24 April 2012
Dartmouth Museum: top tweeters
"We're very worthy," says Tim Trent, volunteer at Dartmouth Museum and Devon tweeter extraordinaire. "We're a quite ordinary museum - only three rooms plus a lobby. We've been tweeting only since July last year, but for such a tiny museum we punch well above our weight in social media."
Well, when they can boast of sending out 3,569 tweets - it works out at a daily average of 15-20 tweets - it's perhaps why Dartmouth Museum has 706 followers on Twitter, and growing by the minute. The Royal Albert Memorial Museum's current 3,015 tweet total looks measly by comparison.
"The extraordinary thing now is that we're attracting attention from a lot of heavyweights in the social media scene. It's mad really. But it's getting our museum talked about." And Dartmouth Museum was even nominated for a couple of social media awards. They didn't win, but they never expected to, either. “It's all about brand awareness,” Tim said. “We're pleased to have had folk just hear about us. Next year they may make us part of their holiday plans.”
To read more click here http://budleighbrewsterunited.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/social-media-people-load-of-twits.html
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
18 September 2014
Meet in RAMM’s Courtyard
19 September 2014
Whimple Victory Hall
20 September 2014 to 21 September 2014