- Museum Closure
- Braunton skate bowl fundraising appeal launched
- Recent outings for Primary Victorian Box
- DAWLISH MUSEUM WINS LOTTERY SUPPORT
- Westpoint Christmas Shopping Fair
- Not all museums are from the same mould
- People from the Past 9: Frances Van Meter (1909 1994)
- Kids in Museums Day
- Keeping our Heritage Healthy
- More on Fairlynch and the Delderfields
- The Devil's Hoofprints on ITV
- NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
- A palaeontological puzzle
- Newton Abbot Museum as seen on TV!
- Spooky Halloween Happenings in Newton Abbot!
Page 1 of 33
Are social media people a load of twits - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 24 April 2012
Dartmouth Museum: top tweeters
"We're very worthy," says Tim Trent, volunteer at Dartmouth Museum and Devon tweeter extraordinaire. "We're a quite ordinary museum - only three rooms plus a lobby. We've been tweeting only since July last year, but for such a tiny museum we punch well above our weight in social media."
Well, when they can boast of sending out 3,569 tweets - it works out at a daily average of 15-20 tweets - it's perhaps why Dartmouth Museum has 706 followers on Twitter, and growing by the minute. The Royal Albert Memorial Museum's current 3,015 tweet total looks measly by comparison.
"The extraordinary thing now is that we're attracting attention from a lot of heavyweights in the social media scene. It's mad really. But it's getting our museum talked about." And Dartmouth Museum was even nominated for a couple of social media awards. They didn't win, but they never expected to, either. “It's all about brand awareness,” Tim said. “We're pleased to have had folk just hear about us. Next year they may make us part of their holiday plans.”
To read more click here http://budleighbrewsterunited.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/social-media-people-load-of-twits.html
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
08 December 2013
The Strand Dawlish
10 December 2013
COmbe Martin Museum
10 December 2013
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AJ