- Lunchtime Lecture The Terror of Topsham from the heat of war to the polar cold
- TOTNES MUSEUM SOCIETY TALKS 2014 2015
- The Last few weeks of our 2014 exhibition
- Has the wreck of HMS Terror been found
- And the Dog!
- An Old Mug Survives
- Newton Abbot Museum New Sandford Orleigh overmantle Gallery
- Town Fayre Coffee Morning
- Museum open Saturday afternoons throughout August
- Budleigh in Books Part 2
- Ex museum professionals join Fairlynch team: 1Jenny Pride
- Ex museum professionals join Fairlynch team: 2 Martyn Brown
- WW1 competition success for Budleigh pupils
- Devon Remembers at Fairlynch
- Budleigh in Books Part 1
Page 1 of 39
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
18 September 2014
Meet in RAMM’s Courtyard
19 September 2014
Whimple Victory Hall
20 September 2014 to 21 September 2014