- To Purchase The Great Storm DVD
- Call for Entries North Devon Heritage Photographic Competition 2015
- Aspects of Fairlynch 6: The Local History Room
- Follwing a start from Budleigh Salterton
- Another view of the Great War: Exmouth Museum
- Invitation from the artist: Saturday 5 September 400 600pm
- New clues to the fate of Ralegh's lost American colony
- A good future for Local History at Fairlynch
- Preserving Salterton's decencies
- Snappy Fashion a photographic competition
- Town Fayre Coffee Morning
- BRNC Oral History Project Call for Volunteers
- Seawall Finally Open !
- Fit Faces: Drake's School, East Budleigh, 1940
- Budleigh Salterton Railway's colourful past
Page 1 of 52
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
19 August 2015 to 04 September 2015
Totnes Fashion and Textiles Museum, Bogan House, High Street Totnes
05 September 2015
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery, Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AJ
14 February 2015 to 06 September 2015
World Cultures gallery, The Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Queen Street, Exeter EX4 3RX