- Lunchtime Lecture The Terror of Topsham from the heat of war to the polar cold
- Heritage Day 2014
- An Old Mug Survives
- Newton Abbot Museum New Sandford Orleigh overmantle Gallery
- Town Fayre Coffee Morning
- Museum open Saturday afternoons throughout August
- WW1 competition success for Budleigh pupils
- Ex museum professionals join Fairlynch team: 2 Martyn Brown
- Devon Remembers at Fairlynch
- Ex museum professionals join Fairlynch team: 1Jenny Pride
- Budleigh in Books Part 2
- Grand Book Sale Success
- Budleigh in Books Part 1
- History on foot
- Toronto Dreamer stops off in Budleigh
Page 1 of 39
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
29 August 2014
Crownhill Fort, PL6 5BX
12 July 2014 to 30 August 2014
the museum of Barnstaple & North Devon
30 August 2014
RAMM Garden and Rougemont Gardens