- The Great War at Fairlynch: The Race for the Sea 17 Sept 22 November 1914
- Fairlynch Museum Friend's Trust to support young musicians
- Mapping old Budleigh Salterton
- Thirty years of lacemaking congratulations to Sue Morgan!
- Lower Otter Valley Local Heritage Assets Lisitng Project
- Placeify is launched!
- The Great War at Fairlynch: The disaster of Coronel 1 November 1914
- Plymouth arts venues join forces for acclaimed national exhibition
- Archaeology exhibition showcases prehistoric Dartmoor discovery
- World War One was no picnic for teddy bears
- The Home Front in Devon during 1914 Dr Richard Batten
- Museum building work about to start
- It's the Spanish Art Mada!
- Fairlynch visited by millions! or even billions!!
- Lunchtime Lecture The Terror of Topsham from the heat of war to the polar cold
Page 1 of 41
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
09 October 2014 to 20 October 2014
Meeting Room B
21 October 2014
Combe Martin Museum
23 October 2014
In Fine Feather gallery