- Heritage Centre will re open
- Guarding Budleigh's coast during World War One
- Budleigh's asset rich in heritage
- Hair and fashion through the Ages
- Ralegh inspired Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir
- Yet more manhole cover madness… with sad echoes of the Great War
- A museum to match Fairlynch across the pond
- Did your family live in Topsham in WW1
- Matching the Millais
- An accident at sea: Alfred John Farrant 6 February 1915
- A lone inkwell becomes a loan inkwell
- Museum appeals over wartime photo riddle
- Fascinating and fun: the OVA Fairlynch joint talks
- Call for WW1 deckchair artwork
- Has your local heritage asset made it
Page 1 of 45
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
10 March 2015
Combe Martin Museum
12 March 2015
In the clubhouse of the Totnes Boating Association, Steamer Quay Road, Totnes
17 March 2015
Combe Martin Museum