- Surfing museum creates new apprentice posts for 2014
- Tiverton Museum's Pop Up Museum pops up in new location
- Museum Closure
- Under 16s winners of the North Devon Heritage Photographic Competition 2013
- Results for the Adult classes of the North Devon Heritage Photographic Competition 2013
- Photography awards for the North Devon Coast Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Heart of Exmoor award winners for the North Devon Heritage Photographic Competition 2013
- Dawlish Christmas Market WOW,
- Braunton skate bowl fundraising appeal launched
- Recent outings for Primary Victorian Box
- DAWLISH MUSEUM WINS LOTTERY SUPPORT
- Westpoint Christmas Shopping Fair
- Tiverton Museum among the winners at SW Tourism Awards 201314
- People from the Past 9: Frances Van Meter (1909 1994)
- Not all museums are from the same mould
Page 1 of 33
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
20 December 2013
Museum of British Surfing, Caen Street car park, Braunton EX33 1AA
13 December 2013 to 21 December 2013
30 November 2013 to 21 December 2013
Crediton Museum, The Old Town Hall, High Street