- Kids in Museums day at Newton Abbot
- Work Experience
- North Devon Heritage Photographic Competition Results
- Museum Opening 2015
- Active in the Community
- Spooky spirits in Newton Abbot!
- Budleigh's Mini Food Fest a big success
- The Great War at Fairlynch: The first honour: Second Lieutenant Francis Pepys, killed in action 12 November 1914
- Museum scores a precious find for Budleigh’s musical past
- Music Festival tunes up for tenth anniversary
- People from the past 9: Valerie Dwerryhouse (1933 2010)
- Museum’s Halloween visitors are spell bound
- WInter Opening Hours
- St Margaret's Church: Remembrance Display
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery to be part of ARTIST ROOMS On Tour 2015
Page 1 of 41
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
22 November 2014
23 November 2014
Totnes Fashion and Textiles Museum, Bogan House, High Street Totnes
Annual Drecki Lecture presented in conjunction with the South West Academy of Fine and Applied Arts: An Artist’s View
26 November 2014