- Town Fayre Coffee Morning
- Lunchtime Lecture Gavrillo Princip, the assassin who started the First World War
- Newton Abbot's WWI exhibitions linked by a Heritage Bus
- Volunteers required!
- Famous 20th century artists inspire Museum and Art Gallery’s summer workshops
- Dawlish Museum in the news again
- Wild About Plymouth starts the summer with a ‘Big Bug Hunt’
- Archaeology comes alive for special event at City Museum
- WWI Commemorative concert
- TripAdvisor 2014 Certificate of Excellence
- Famous characters inspire films, gallery tours and talks at City Museum and Art Gallery
- Volunteers wanted at Crownhill Fort
- HLF funding means prehistoric finds can go on public display for the first time
- Holsworthy Museum WW1 Project
- Tea party for winners of the museum WWI competions
Page 1 of 38
The Carter Library at Fairlynch Museum - Fairlynch Museum
By: Michael Downes
Added: 08 May 2012
We still need more stewards, but it's good to report that the number of vacant posts on the Museum's General Committee is falling.
Now the Library is to benefit from having its own researcher who has just joined the Fairlynch team.
Ron Dobrée, pictured above, moved back recently from the Reading area with his wife Val to live in Knowle. From an accounting background with his own practice, he spent his early years near Bampton and is pleased to be back in the West Country. The couple have two daughters and four grand-children.
Ron is taking up the post of Researcher in the Carter Library, having had previous experience with an indexing project for the Berkshire Record Office http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk/ and more recently in transcribing parish records for a joint project between the Berkshire Record Office and the Berkshire Family History Society http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/
He has also had 20 years' experience of researching his own family genealogy and is a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/
Appointments to use the Carter Library can be made by direct contact with Ron via email (please quote Fairlynch in the subject line) at email@example.com
Our interactive Devon Museum map will help you find the perfect Devon museum.
30 July 2014
Topsham Museum, Underloft
30 July 2014
30 July 2014 to 31 July 2014